7.19.2011

Birthday Weekend

This was a very eventful (and chaotic) weekend.  I attempted to pull off a surprise birthday dinner since Michael turned the big 40 and also hosted Madison's birthday party packed with a  dozen beautiful male magnets.
calm before the stormS

Let me just say Mike's party was the most stressful.  I was expecting over 20 close friends and spouses (several from out of state), but as luck would have it one by one I was getting cancellation calls within 24 hours of the big event.  I had a total of 12 people not show up for various good and not so good reasons...not good when you are baking and setting places for each person.  On top of it, my caterer (taco stand guy) never showed, called or picked up his phone.  Thank goodness for our new friends and neighbors who rescued me by recommending and picking up some great take out for everyone.  I can safely say I will never throw a surprise party again.
Pre party fun throwing my son (ahhh)
Saviors of the party!
not my night on many levels...horrible photos
Madison's party was more damage control than anything.  Trying to keep the boys out of our gate was no small feat.  These girls are just too cute.
Cy enjoying a ride with the ladies...if only he could be this lucky when he's older
I'm assuming this was the work of adoring boys