5.02.2012

Tribeca 2012

This April I got the royal treatment.  My little sister Lena works for Tribeca productions and since I'm a huge film fan I thought it was only appropriate to go back to our old stomping grounds, see a ton a movies, play with my sister and visit old friends.  New York City was a dream, the weather was great, we explored some tasty cafes and restaurants in the West Village where Lena lives, rode bikes (scary) around the city, ran along the west side highway, and checked out some entertaining and creepy parties ( we found ourselves at a rave in Williamsburg...I don't recommend it) ha!

My first picture of the trip...a lovely garden downtown
 Out to dinner
 Eating with Lena and her always entertaining crew
 NYC has no shortage of huge rats, which is why I was shocked to see this dime size mouse.  The cigarette butt puts into perspective how little this guy was.
 So fun to have film loving buddies joining me...thanks Carl and Rachel!
 Enjoying a little after movie snack
  Grand Central Terminal
 Outside Lena's building in the West Village
 Having lunch after riding bikes all day
 A little out of place at a rave we thought was going to be a few friends hanging out...I felt like I was starring in the movie Date Night, taking wrong turns and completely out of place everywhere I went.  This party was packed with a dancing banana man, where the wild things are club kid, and a ton of other strange and scary characters.
 Giving Lena a kiss when I find out we are heading home.  Love the guy behind us.
Fun street talent.  Hipster hillbillies
Driving by our old cute houses in Mamaroneck
 
 The Westchester crew
 My best friends from my old life in New York.  They are the most amazing women, and all became mothers this year to their 3rd (me), 4th (Amanda and Rachel), and 5th (Jaime) children.  Kudos to these power women!
Occupy Wall Street Protestors headed for Union Square gave me an interesting send off the last hour I spent in NYC