6.02.2012

Farewell Mads

Madison is officially done with 10th grade and off to Kansas on a paid internship for 6 weeks.  This is the longest I've ever gone with out my big girl...the last time we spent more than a couple days apart was when I left for a month to compete on the Amazing Race.  Saying goodbye was just as hard this time, I don't know why.  I just love that girl more than life.  We've had some rough patches as we try to delicately manage her while trying to give her freedom and let Mads make her own choices.  I feel like such a failure at times trying to raise a teen.  If only she'd do exactly what I say, then everything would be perfect!  
My little partner 15 years ago
Snuggling with Papa Lee
 I'm not looking forward to this one becoming a teen
 Partying in the fountain at Lagoon
 
 Cy and Mike in the front row
 Mads and her cute friend Sterling after a long day at Lagoon