12.12.2010

The Nutcracker

Madison has been performing in The Nutcracker this week with Ballet West.  Though her role doesn't require much dancing (I prefer to call her eye candy), it has been a great opportunity to watch and mingle with the pros.  Madi has been working so hard at the Ballet West Academy practicing 6 days a week - which shakes out to 15 hours every week on top of school and church obligations.  I don't know of many high school athletes who practice that much in any sport and I've found myself feeling a lot more admiration for ballet dancers.  They are the true athletes.
This performance was extra special because Papa Lee is recovering from major cancer surgery.  We are so glad he had the strength to sit through the show!
At about 32 weeks pregnant, not much is fitting me anymore so be forewarned, you may see this outfit in several upcoming entries because I can't bear to buy maternity clothes that I'll only wear for another 6-7 weeks!